MentorCore – Kelly Willenberg
This week we welcome Kelly Willenberg (https://www.linkedin.com/in/kelly-willenberg-04418a6 ) to the show. Kelly is a clinical oncology nurse, clinical trials nurse, and billing compliance expert. Kelly is the founder of Kelly Willenberg and Associates https://kellywillenberg.com.
In this episode we chat with Kelly about how her role as a clinician helped her be a better compliance professional, along with a host of other topics:
- What are the benefits and risks of entering a role without experience?
- How does working in clinical trials and as a nurse affect one’s perspective on compliance?
- What is the right balance between gaining experience in preparation for a role vs jumping in and doing it in the role itself?
- How can consideration for what led to something help better understand reasons for compliance?
- How does life experience and mentoring add to the in-job experience in preparing you for a role?
- How to maintain wellness in a state of being “always on” and the value of stepping away from the screen?
- What’s exciting and what’s on tap from the next generation of compliance professionals as they continue to grow in the field?
- Why is it important to deeply connect with people beyond the superficial layer?
Stay tuned to find out how being a Disc Jockey helped Kelly’s compliance career, along with the best advice she ever received from a mentor.
Join our Slack community – https://bit.ly/mentorcoreslack. It's free and open to all those in the security, compliance and risk fields, or those looking to become part of the community!
We also have a video channel on YouTube that airs the "with pictures" edition of the podcast. Please head over to https://youtube.com/@mentorcore and watch, subscribe and "like" the episodes.
Thanks for Listening!
Special Guest: Kelly Willenberg.