This week our special guest is Stef Tschida, founder of Tschida Communications (https://www.tschidacommunications.com), a strategic communications company. Stef also founded Minnesota College Essay Coach (https://www.mncollegeessaycoach.com), an organisation aiming to help bring better communications skills to those seeking enrolment at universities.
In our discussion with Stef, we cover:
- What are some of the most important things to remember when communicating with others?
- How to know if the communication you tried landed with the recipient and was understood?
- How best to know what your audience wants and needs to hear?
- How can people overcome the fear of being told, “you should know this” or “you’re the expert” when asking a question or asking for advice?
- What’s been valuable to you from a mentoring perspective as Stef became an entrepreneur?
- How to balance working, growing a business, outside interests and life, and keeping well-being in the mix?
- What’s the difference between urgent and important?
And stay tuned for the best advice Stef ever received from a mentor!
Join our Slack community – https://bit.ly/mentorcoreslack. It's free and open to all those in the security, compliance and risk fields, or those looking to become part of the community!
We also have a video channel on YouTube that airs the "with pictures" edition of the podcast. Please head over to https://youtube.com/@mentorcore and watch, subscribe and "like" the episodes.
Thanks for Listening!
Special Guest: Stef Tschida.