This week we are joined by Reggie Youngblood, Assistant Vice President in AT&T's Compliance Office. Reggie's brings a very diverse career path to the discussion today to share with the community. Having been in . Some of the main topics we cover are:
- How can multidimensional companies provide a breadth opportunities for employees to explore?
- Why compliance is rarely boring? It's such a broad, wide topic
- How engineering is similar to compliance and how that applies to navigating your career path
- How should someone look at managing their own career path vs expecting the organisation to manage their career path?
- What types of reading and listening can help someone grow their leadership skills?
- What is most exciting right now that are changing the compliance and risk professions?
- How are compliance (and other guardian fields) undoing decades of misconceptions and historical habits about the field, and the role of compliance in the organisation?
And not to be missed is the best advice that Reggie has ever received from a mentor.
Join our Slack community – https://bit.ly/mentorcoreslack. It's free and open to all those in the security, compliance and risk fields, or those looking to become part of the community!
We also have a video channel on YouTube that airs the "with pictures" edition of the podcast. Please head over to https://youtube.com/@mentorcore and watch, subscribe and "like" the episodes.
Thanks for Listening!
Special Guest: Reggie Youngblood.