In our chat, Barbara, Lisa Beth and Dan talk about:
- The changes in compliance careers such that it is purposeful to enter the field
- What has precipitated that change and why is compliance so exciting to students now?
- What opportunities exist for people to transition from security or compliance roles to business-focused roles?
- Is it ever too late to start down the road of getting an advanced compliance degree?
- How does one find the first opportunity to go back and teach when interested? (Pro tip: contact Barbara if you want to teach compliance!)
- How does someone decide that a return to the classroom to get an advanced degree whilst working is right for them, either from education, value, promotability, etc.?
- What’s important for people to be thinking about regarding well-being in the compliance profession?
After you’ve heard the best advice Barbara has gotten from a mentor since she was last here, be sure to check out Barbara’s first appearance on MentorCore on our website to hear her answer back then, too!
Join our Slack community – https://bit.ly/mentorcoreslack. It's free and open to all those in the security, compliance and risk fields, or those looking to become part of the community!
We also have a video channel on YouTube that airs the "with pictures" edition of the podcast. Please head over to https://youtube.com/@mentorcore and watch, subscribe and "like" the episodes.
Thanks for Listening!