Say hello to Jonathan Feldman, CIO for the City of Asheville, North Carolina, our guest this week on MentorCore. A seasoned leader in both the public and private sector, Jonathan, Lisa Beth, and Dan dive into a myriad of topics that range from working in a public organisation to the view of the "guardian" professions in the eyes of the CIO.
- Information Security in public service. How do public service organisations compete to bring in and retain security (and all) talent to serve their constituency?
- What can we tell people making their next steps on how to be attractive for roles in the government sector?
- What are the critical skills that need to be cultivated in the next generation of leaders?
- Is there a path from security into broader IT leadership and what’s needed to get there from here?
- The need for partnership in security, technology and all other roles.
And we end, as always, with the best advice Jonathan has ever received from a mentor – and this one will make you go “Oohl!” (as it made Dan do during recording).
Don't miss Jonathan's intriguing and interesting Twitter musings – @_jfeldman
Join our Slack community – https://bit.ly/mentorcoreslack. It's free and open to all those in the security, compliance and risk fields, or those looking to become part of the community!
We also have a video channel on YouTube that airs the "with pictures" edition of the podcast. Please head over to https://bit.ly/mcoreyoutube and watch, subscribe and "like" the episodes.
Thanks for Listening!
Special Guest: Jonathan Feldman.