Amii has had an amazing and diverse career including stints in Human Resources, Legal and Compliance & Ethics. She now coaches executives and teams on career growth, culture and more. We talk about a number of these in the episode, including these topics (and more):
- What "promotability" factors exist that may facilitate (or hinder) executives in moving up in the organisation
- How to approach self-awareness in someone when discussing their growth potential in an organisation
- What factors make someone coachable and able to accept necessary feedback?
- How can someone get the feedback they are after but don't think they are getting from leaders or colleagues?
- What does "getting stuck" within an organisation look like to an employee? What are common blindspots that people have when noticing that they have gotten stuck?
And, as we do each week, we find out the best advice Amii has ever received from a mentor.
Check out Amii's Promotabilty Index on her website https://www.barnardbahn.com
Join our Slack community – https://bit.ly/mentorcoreslack. It's free and open to all those in the security, compliance and risk fields, or those looking to become part of the community!
We also have a video channel on YouTube that airs the "with pictures" edition of the podcast. Please head over to https://bit.ly/mcoreyoutube and watch, subscribe and "like" the episodes.
Thanks for Listening!
Special Guest: Amii Barnard-Bahn.